M.E (CAD/CAM) or Master of Engineering in Computer-Aided Design / Computer-Aided Manufacturing is a two-year Post-Graduate Computer Engineering program. CAD (Computer-Aided Design) provides a convenient means to create designs for almost every engineering discipline. It can be used for architectural design, landscape design, interior design, civil and surveying, mechanical design, electrical engineering, plant design, industrial design, duct design, electronic circuit design, plumbing design, textile design, and product design.
CAM (Computer-Aided Manufacturing) is the use of computer-based software tools that assist engineers and machinists in manufacturing or prototyping product components. CAM is a programming tool that makes it possible to manufacture physical models using computer-aided design (CAD) programs. Computer-Aided Manufacturing creates real-life versions of components designed within a software package. The Master of Engineering in Computer-Aided Design / Computer-Aided Manufacturing course provides knowledge and skill development in applying computer and scientific principles related to solving engineering and manufacturing problems.
- Aspiring students must have passed their Bachelor of Technology / Bachelor of Engineering degree in Chemical / Petro Chemical Engineering from a recognized University.
- The candidates should have secured a minimum of 60% aggregate marks in their Bachelor’s.
- Some of the very reputed universities and institutes conduct an entrance examination for admission.
- The Course is appropriate for preparing students for design professions that need competent and inventive solutions to technical challenges in their area of concentration.
- It is also appropriate for people who wish to learn about the processes, strategies, and tools used in computer-supported product design and development.
- Those who desire to contribute significantly to wealth development by inventing superior products in less time and at a cheaper cost are well suited for it.
- Applicants who wish to pursue additional research studies are also a suitable fit for the course.
- Academic Institutions
- IT Companies
- Mechanical Design and Development Companies
- Software Developing Companies
ME CAD CAM Future Scope
ME CAD CAM is a promising field for its graduates. Below are some of the pointers that state why:
- Higher Education: Students can pursue PhD in Engineering and is a 3-Year doctorate degree program that imparts advanced knowledge and skills related to programming language, data processing, statistics, data analysis, and more.
- Research: The postgraduates of ME CAD CAM can join in reputed research laboratories, and R&D departments as a researcher to do research in the related field.
- Some of the areas of Ph.D include Control Systems, CAD/CAM, Microwave communication, computer science, and Engineering, or other related subjects
- Aerospace Designer
- Architectural Designer
- Civil Engineer Technician
- Electrical Designer
- Mechanical Designer
- Manufacturing Designer
The average starting salary for ME CAD CAM graduates is INR 3,000,000 per annum.
There is no age limit for applying for ME CAD CAM. The primary requirement is to provide the college with your bachelor’s degree.