M.E Computer Science Engineering
M.E. CSE is a Post Graduate course in engineering with a specialization in the field of computer science and its related aspects. It is a two years course divided into four semesters. A minimum of 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) marks at UG level is required
M.E CSE course admissions involve both Common Entrance Test (CET) based selection method as well as merit-based selection criteria that is the percentage of marks obtained at Under Graduate (UG) level.
The course is designed to provide domain-specific skills and knowledge to the master’s level students so as to equip them with a holistic knowledge of the subject that will enable them to persecute the learning in a practical sense.
M.E. CSE: What is it about?
Post Graduates in Computer Science and Engineering have a wide range of job opportunities like Software engineers, application developer, network engineer, hardware engineer, CAD engineer etc. After completion of post graduation, one may pursue further studies like M.Phil and Ph.D. in the said subject or may take up job opportunities associated. The average salary ranges between INR 14,000 and 20,000 a month for a fresh pass out.
The knowledge of Computer Science has been the driver of IT industry in India. The cost-effective and sustainable solution provided by Indian technical experts has earned praises at the global level. The growth and build up of the industry has surged the demand for qualified computer science professionals in the market.
The study of the subject involves software coding knowledge as well as the understanding of computer hardware and it’s working so, as to get a holistic view of the functioning of computer systems.
A master’s level course in computer science is aimed at developing professionals that can contribute meaningfully to the growth of the industry through execution of their knowledge and skills in the domain.
M.E. CSE: Who Should Opt for?
- Students who have a background in the domain of computer science.
- Those who have a career in software development in mind.
- Those who are looking for a career as a network engineer.
- Those aiming at higher studies in the domain can opt for the course.
M.E. CSE: Eligibility
Candidate must have passed the B.E/B.Tech or equivalent examination in the respective stream from a recognized state/private/deemed or central University with at least 55% (relaxable for reserved category candidates) of the marks.
- He/She shall not be having any backlog or compartment in any of the subject/Subjects at UG level that is yet to be cleared at the time of taking admissions.
- Apart from the above-mentioned eligibility criteria’s various colleges and institutes may have their own additional criteria’s which the students would have to satisfy in order to take admission (like work experience of 1 or 2 years).
- In case of reserved category students, they would have to present their reservation certificates issued by the competent authorities in order to avail the benefits applicable to them.
M.E (Computer Science and Engineering) Course Suitability
- They should have good communication and interpersonal skills which are necessary for them.
- Those who want to become highly qualified engineers capable of developing complex IT systems, consisting of hardware and or software, using theoretically and technologically well-founded methods, tools, and techniques.
How is M.E (Computer Science and Engineering) Course Beneficial?
- Candidates find careers in the aerospace, automotive, chemical, communication, electronics, manufacturing, and processing industries as well as in government and education.
- It is beneficial for those students who are interested in advanced learning and research in any area of computer science.
- This program is aimed at providing the manpower required to meet the industry needs, pursue research in specialized areas, and meet the growing needs of trained faculty in this field.
- The course is also beneficial for further studies like Ph.D.
- Computer engineers design both the hardware and software for automotive test equipment, biomedical instrumentation, computer networking, computer-aided design systems, computer vision systems, robotics, and more.